RNR needs to pay their bar tab

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• RNR needs to pay their bar tab

After failing at beating a much smaller alliance (1/2 the size) in a war started without any warning, nor previous grievances(real or made up), nor any real contact, RNR (Rock n Roll) decided to accept an offer of 45 days truce and 10% TS in materials given to -WAR- for losing, they decided to ignore their own agreement and continue to attack -WAR- players, sometimes 3 vs 1, and failed to pay a single resource.

Because of this we are declaring an official war (this is how you do things RNR)....and this is the spam section for that war.
      Feel free to make fun of the other all you wish =)
      But keep it out of the CR thread (exception being the memes in each CR post of course), and keep it out of the Diplomatic thread.

:minigun: :missilelauncher:

"I consider myself a road man for the lords of karma."

Hunter S. Thompson
    • they think that just b/c they are going to rehab (vmode) we won't continue to press to collect on their bar tab? It doesn't work like that. Things get broken when the payment due isn't paid, that is just how it is, just how it has always been, and just as it will always be.

"I consider myself a road man for the lords of karma."

Hunter S. Thompson
    • Not really.

If you can think in extremes then you will see that if everyone not you and yours v-moded then you'd be in a bit of trouble. You'd either have to fight amongst yourselves, become builder/miners, or quit.

There's less active accounts on Ares then there were on Omikron before the first merge, which is horrifying especially when we know of multiple cases of people with 8 or so accounts playing on the server so even less then at first it appears, so it is feasible as a possibility.

Also, if they just cut all military and cut gold production to even or non-existant and ignore you, and slow grow instead, again, you're entirely powerless.

If you're going to make sweeping grandiose statements about your superiority then at least be honest about them instead of just huffing wind out your caeke hole and having no one respond to you after overa month since the post, except me, because I'm bored.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Spidey Taak wrote:

Not really.

If you can think in extremes then you will see that if everyone not you and yours v-moded then you'd be in a bit of trouble. You'd either have to fight amongst yourselves, become builder/miners, or quit.

There's less active accounts on Ares then there were on Omikron before the first merge, which is horrifying especially when we know of multiple cases of people with 8 or so accounts playing on the server so even less then at first it appears, so it is feasible as a possibility.

Also, if they just cut all military and cut gold production to even or non-existant and ignore you, and slow grow instead, again, you're entirely powerless.

If you're going to make sweeping grandiose statements about your superiority then at least be honest about them instead of just huffing wind out your caeke hole and having no one respond to you after overa month since the post, except me, because I'm bored.
      You see,
      the issue with your first statement is that this pretty much is how the game goes whenever one side (or in this case,one alliance) is dominating and others do not step up to the challenge. This happens over and over again on all of the newer servers and It isn't going to change unless the community actually wants it to. The only difference I see is that the growth gap between players is extremely lower in this server then any of the others. You can have an established account in a far quicker manner without any assistance from an established players and get into the game to compete. Soooo then I'd ask, from all of the established fighting alliances, why haven't any migrated over to this server? This server offers Gold pillaging, Faster transportation and pretty much everything the slower servers do not. This, in essence, is what every fighting alliance from Alpha to Eunomia should want so why stay stagnant in the older, much slower servers? I feel like this permanent server was GF's way to gauge the community and see if any money really was going to come out of releasing their game's mechanics on steroids, for free.(Gold pillaging, Free Faster transportation, etc). So honestly, I'd blame the lack thereof a community for the down-fall of this game, and I don't think Ikariam will be around in the next 5-10 years, I think it's actually a miracle it's come along this far after the death of Browser game genre.

I know you're very experienced Spidey and you've done a lot with the mechanics and been around for a lot with Ikariam. I'm sure you've seen situations like this before, and I know you understand and already knew several points I made in my previous paragraph. What I don't understand is why you would down-play DogOfWar's ''grandiose'' statements of superiority'' when you've seen players do this several times before. What exactly makes DOW any different? I pulled the same junk 1-2 years ago on Asklepios server with mixed results, and If I'm guessing correctly it's because DOW is reaching for an audience and trying to keep people entertained with this game. It's actually somewhat of an issue that feeds off each other. You have players who take the opportunity to spark drama and get things moving and then you have those who shy away from any thing other then building and growing their towns. That from what I understand is how this game has always been from 2007 up till now.

As an aside, I wish I had came earlier to this party though , I did a lot on Asklepios and I'd want to bring that over here. Hopefully by the time I start being a loudmouth everyone hasn't died of boredom :lolbash:
    • Indes,

The thing with why haven't people migrated to this server is very simple - most of us have played for anywhere from 9 to 11 years now, whether we started here or elsewhere (U.K. for me, it was a toxic community the fighters were over there and they would cross server hit you without a moments notice if they discovered you on a server where you were easily defeatable vs the server where you were dominating, the 6 or so of us there thought that was bs and came here and haven't looked back). However, most of us have a lot of accounts across multiple servers and most of those accounts are at least 7 years old in most cases. that is A LOT of time and development spent on the accounts, and investment into those server communities. Eventually you end up with more accoiunts then you can manage and focusing on a high intensity server like Ares drains time from other servers pretty full on.

In addition, gold pillaging changes the gameplay entirely. The slower servers without gold pillaging give you a lot of security, whereas on the war server you don't have that. Increased upkeep combined with the ability of opponents to just hit your least defended towns and farm off all your gold to wipe out tens of thousands or more of military score without actually engaging in battle makes the game entirely different. And that is the biggest reason why you have less players on these war servers. Normal Ikariam is different - no gold pillaging means you don't have to worry about armies or fleets being wiped out easily and it's not as punishing, whereas the warserver, you can bypass combat entirely, it makes the game a different game and that's not for everyone.

Ikariam has always beena multi-facetted real time strategy game. very few players who associate as pure fighters hold any sort of noticeable respect for players who pursue other coruses of game play as their primary reason for playing. And this is a core issue. You can spark drama all youw ant by taking the highr oad of saying that a fighter onlya pproach is the ONLY measure of success but that's not true. Ikariam does not have buildingd estruction or colonyd estruction as a mechanic like other games do oyut there in the browser rts category of games. In those games if you can't fight you're a farm. In Ikariam, it's a choice but it's one that isn't recognised by the fighter only players who also are the majority of people who post on the boards. we see this time and again when I open my mouth here. No one that posts gives a damn about the fact that when i stopped donating more then 2 years ago, I had the largest luxury mine in the games entrie 8 or 9 year history across every single server ever created by Gameforge, yet there were people from other server domains that contacted me privately and said how itw as inspiring and congratulated me on having the patience and dedication to go down that pathway to the exclusion of other aspects of my account/s and gameplay approach. People bring up merges on the boards all the time, every time they do I bring up thias point where there are a few people whereby the current system of merges that you have 2 weeks only to donate and each mine or mill upgrade takes 12 hours to do does not allow players who have insane donation scores to retain their mine and milld evelopment. Why Gameforge cahn't make the upgrades instant is beyond me, but it is a major concern for a growing number of players moving forwards yet the vocal majority of board posters - the mainly fighter only players - yella nd scream about how it means nothing to the merges and that no one cares about those approaches to the game and this u nderscores a level of arrogance that just sheets me to tears. The hardcore lets wipe out players from the server through constantw arfare is one of the big problems on why ikariam doesn't have an ongoing and expanding player base. Fighrter only players that want to wipe out their opponents for whatever reason don't respect that their actions also drive players away and this in turn creates more and more issues. Yes, it's part of the gameplay, if youc an't deal with it why are you playing these games? Me, I'm ata point in my own evolution of ikariam playing where I only ever fight whenever I want to fight. I've been called anythingf roma coward to an unskilled noob to useless to wahtever youw ant but this all underlines one simple tyruth: I looked at the game and figured out the way tod efeat pure fighter players. I simply ignore them and donate. It makes me win my own developmental approach and they can scorn it however they want but it is a valid approach.

Why do I have issues with this p[ost that DogOfWar made? Because it deals in an absolute with his statements that simply isn'yt true. Fighter players can't do anything if their oppinents ignore them. If an alliance is largely in v-mode the fighter players proclaim victory and harp on about their superiority but they've lost income and opponents and so the passive ignorance thing of massed vmoding is as much a victory for the defenders as the attackers - what are the massed vmoders actually wanting from the game? We've already established that the majority of posters' on the boards are the fighter onlyf iocused players and most of them scorn and look down on other approaches to the game. heck, DogOfWar is challenging me to a fixed 30k MS battle on Ares at some point, he's offered resources tpo get me started and why do I need those handouts when I can develop just fine. I don't have to prove I can fight, I did that 8 years ago on omikron. We had the then most aggressive alliance on the server come at us, 8 players went 3 of us. They teleported in colonies and armies and we fought back. We were clever about it but no resources were pillaged by them and the military losses on both sides were even. there was no clear winner after 2 weeks and we agreed between our leadership (myself and Pluvious at the time - Pluvious stopped playing after 2 years when his company was making several million dollars profit a year and exponentially growing, he was more concerned about ensuring the dozen and growing families his company supported through work could keep that income irl and keep progressing so he retired from the game) ) to call it a draw. this kept their reputaton as undefeated alive and kicking and we ended up being unannounced to the server allies, and supported each other in various ways acros the next several years of gameplay. If we were only farmer/builder/donators, that wouldn't have occurred. But all those players no longer play. Indeed, no one that posts on the boards these days can remember when I was fighting near daily. We wiped a 4 island cluster radius around our islands to deletion of enemy players. It wasn't easy and was a lot of fighting. But all anyone sees these days is my 'I have a huge account with massive mines and mills and I ignore anyone that attacks me unless I feel like a fight, which becase I'm lazy, is rarely' and just dismiss me. You can't hurt me unless i choose to let it happen. DogOfWar's post is a post that looks at the fighter onlya spect, deals in absolutes that aren't actually true and dismisses the reality that the people with the true power are those that choose when and where to fight udner their own conditions and not those deemd by people who think that theirs and theirs alone approach to the game is the onlyw ay and the only true way tod emonstrate ones' abilities with the game. It's a bs attitude that annoys me. So i said as much, it wasn't anything more then that. Ikaiam is not just about fighting. Forcing an alliance into palm tree ville is great, but it also dosn't mean you're winning utterly.

Now I may also have read part of the post wrong and may combine sentiments from multiple threads here, but regardless my point is valid. I find it pretty funny that RnR agreed to a 45 day truce and to pay 10% of resources as tribute to WAR and WAR was like 'awesome this is gonna happen' and RnR were like 'lol, what idiots' and this is why they are in conflict now, in effect RnR bought some time then decided to play the game on their own terms. They may be majority in vmode but it's the end of the year, most people don't care about the game right now. It's party central for most people irl, so lots of people are either in vmode or quietly going about their business and not provoking anything. Anyways, I'm rambling and I need more beer.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

• Indes wrote:

You see,I feel like this permanent server was GF's way to gauge the community and see if any money really was going to come out of releasing their game's mechanics on steroids, for free.(Gold pillaging, Free Faster transportation, etc). So honestly, I'd blame the lack thereof a community for the down-fall of this game, and I don't think Ikariam will be around in the next 5-10 years, I think it's actually a miracle it's come along this far after the death of Browser game genre.

As an aside, I wish I had came earlier to this party though , I did a lot on Asklepios and I'd want to bring that over here. Hopefully by the time I start being a loudmouth everyone hasn't died of boredom :lolbash:
      I love that you also recgnise that browser gaming is in effect dead. Most people are sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring a simple reality - a decade ago people coming into gaming online did not have mobile gaming. Snake does not count. Today, I can play Foirtnite on my gaming laptop, on console or on a mobile phone. The mobile version is almost as good as the PC version. It's free to play as well. technology has evolved so far and fast that browser gaming - text ona screen witha time element and maybe some pretty pictures - is outdated, significantly so. The 2017 video summary for Gameforge where they deliberately chose to not include Ikariam in the video is indication that they recgnise this and as a company want to draw attention to more recent games as a viable business model for the company movoing forwards. Asa community we need to recognise that our player base is only going to diminish further. It is an inevitability and it boggles my mind when you get these long term veterans who don't get this simple truth and keep choosing to start on newer servers every time they get released and 2-3 months wonder why there's only a hundred or two active players and are facing a serve that is dead where previously those numbers were a half decade of gameplay before it happened. Browswr gaming as a genre is dead. It's outdated tech. It appeals toa select few players worldwide and even tyhen a lot of the existing playe bbase are only still here because a significant proportioon of their life has been sunk into it. It's refreshing to see other people recognising this though as most ignore it and aren't grounded in reality.

To causing board drama, look at me. I usually hop on the boards every month or so. I look at the top 5 active threads on the feed at the board opening and click each one and then just comment based off the last few comments. Look at what that's spawned this time through. So much drama. So, so, sooooo much drama. It's REALLY EASY to do. You don't even need to be a loud mouth, just drop a cutting remark and you'll create the drama.

omixgodlydemon wrote: