SERVER WAR !!! by Participation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• SERVER WAR !!! by Participation

Hello all,

I'm looking for some action this holiday season and because some of us like fighting while others do not, I'm going to be nice and propose an idea > project.

I would like to propose a Server War. Because it was an endgame goal for me and because the more parties we have the merrier we will be!

However, instead of throwing the server into total chaos, we define some terms to consolidate the war to only those players who are interested in fighting.

How it works:

1. War Starts on Monday, every Monday, and ends-ish on Sunday. However it will likely run consecutively for 1 - 6 months, because of #2.
      2. Anyone can join or leave the war on Monday. But if they join, they are open to attacks till Sunday that week. If they leave, they are removed from the list of available targets and may not join the battle until the following Monday.
      3. If the rules are broken, a bounty is placed on the head of the offending individual and a coordinated assault will be planned openly to zero the player's armies and steal all their resources :) (Pretty much it will be the largest battles in the war where players from different alliances will work together to complete the bounty).
      4. Players may V-Mode. As it is used as the last defense, but then the player will be out a few days and not enjoy participating in the fighting.
      5. From an alliance point of view, Diplomats should be the ones to communicate who joins / leaves the battle each week from their alliance and communicate that with other diplomats or through a public google spreadsheet that allows them to edit who the participants are for their team.
      6. And because it is a friendly / participatory only war, anyone may join (ie: Diplomats too) and can fight for any side, against sworn enemies or with sworn enemies.
      7. Only rule is that we don't bring in outsiders who are not participating in the war. Ie: you cannot use a non-participant's cities to garrison your troops or launch attacks from. As those players will be attacked by other participants trying to take out your armies. (I agree, this is a pain point for some of us, but a sacrifice we can make).

Let me know if you are interested below and when you would like the war to begin. Depending on our numbers and our schedules, we can decide to begin.

Knuckles
      Leader of STORM, but this is mainly promoted on behalf of Knuckles for Knuckles (and for bringing some excitement and activity into our dying server).

The post was edited 1 time, last by knuckles: Formatting errors ().

• I’m down

"I don't know about you guys. It's been my goal since the start of epsilon to kill the server.I enjoy bullying the little guys into inactive status.. pillagin the bigger guys into crying to their alliances, and they quit too. The only rule that has ever applied is "last man standing wins" I intend to win"
      -Napoleon Blown-Apart of Epsilon (Greatest saying ever)
    • ZG likes the idea.

However, not throwing the server into pure chaos sounds a bit dull. And the idea of not using allied towns is also a pain, cause it'll force you to go and hit from hours away (or buy ambrosia and warp towns)

Looks like I'll have to rush those town updates I have planned.
      "Ughhhhh arghhhhh ughhhhh"
      - Some random zombie
    • The not using allied towns will only be for allied players that are not participating in the war.

You can use any city of any player allied or otherwise who is participating in the war.

Ie: BloodRain isn't participating but Fenrir is. You can't use BloodRain's towns, but you can use Fenrir's.
      SO the more players you get involved in the war, the more outposts you potential get to use and the more targets you get to hit.

While at the same time, those not participating can build up their armies to join the war later or can provide trades in war resources and troops to supplement those armies being destroyed in the war. This way we build a war with a strong economy to support it. Without a strong economy, we'll have a short war and a long period before the next one because everyone will take time rebuilding.

Additionally, it keeps players from leaving or v-moding. If they can step out of the war to rebuild or focus on personal issues while continuing to grow their accounts, research, or build up gold reserves and armies, we'll be able to create more conflict because players will rejoin in the future when they are ready to put more time into the war. And even if we have only a few players fighting against each other: ie: one on one attacks, those players still get to enjoy active, competitive conflict with some of the best fighters in the server without getting on their bad sides or forcing their alliance to declare war on the other alliance.
    • I was thinking we have a running highscore list focusing on most damage, resources pillaged and number of attacks per week and total weeks.

We could create some sort of reward too. But I was thinking bragging rights would be enough.

But if you want rewards, we can do a bit of a collection: everyone pitches in resources or gold and the player on top each week gets the amount.

Due to pushing rules: it would be something like buying cheap resources and then having those resources pillaged by the winner. I can facilitate this if need be. From a gold standpoint, I would trade resources with the winner and then buy them back at max price.
    • knuckles wrote:

The not using allied towns will only be for allied players that are not participating in the war.

You can use any city of any player allied or otherwise who is participating in the war.

Ie: BloodRain isn't participating but Fenrir is. You can't use BloodRain's towns, but you can use Fenrir's.
      SO the more players you get involved in the war, the more outposts you potential get to use and the more targets you get to hit.

While at the same time, those not participating can build up their armies to join the war later or can provide trades in war resources and troops to supplement those armies being destroyed in the war. This way we build a war with a strong economy to support it. Without a strong economy, we'll have a short war and a long period before the next one because everyone will take time rebuilding.

Additionally, it keeps players from leaving or v-moding. If they can step out of the war to rebuild or focus on personal issues while continuing to grow their accounts, research, or build up gold reserves and armies, we'll be able to create more conflict because players will rejoin in the future when they are ready to put more time into the war. And even if we have only a few players fighting against each other: ie: one on one attacks, those players still get to enjoy active, competitive conflict with some of the best fighters in the server without getting on their bad sides or forcing their alliance to declare war on the other alliance.
      Yeah I'm not participating. To many rules and like Zombie Guy said, not enough Chaos.
    • ZombieGuy wrote:

I'll probably hop in, but not right now. I've got some stuff to finish first.

In order to increase participation, I think you should pitch the idea in-game to alliance diplomats. This will get this war more awareness.

Fenrir wrote:

I know I received this in game so I'm assuming knuckles has messaged other diplos. Interesting idea, something to think about. Could be fun with more people participating, but deep down I like alliance v alliance ;)

Yes, I hit up all the (dead) alliances. GR replied about fighting you guys though. So wrap it up so that we can fight together here..or..allow us to join in on the fighting.

I'm willing to donate 2 mill gold to the weekly winner each week as part of the prize. Should anyone else want to pitch in prize money, post here.

At any point, when ZombieGuy is ready, we'll start with no rules and more chaos (with bonus prize money to the winner if you guys have rules for the winner). Starting now, prepare your armies (and let your team know about the planned server war as well as anyone else you come across in game). Feel free to blame me for destroying the server with a server war ;)

Knuckles
    • knuckles wrote:

ZombieGuy wrote:

In order to increase participation, I think you should pitch the idea in-game to alliance diplomats. This will get this war more awareness.

Fenrir wrote:

I know I received this in game so I'm assuming knuckles has messaged other diplos. Interesting idea, something to think about. Could be fun with more people participating, but deep down I like alliance v alliance ;)
      Yes, I hit up all the (dead) alliances. GR replied about fighting you guys though. So wrap it up so that we can fight together here..or..allow us to join in on the fighting.

I'm willing to donate 2 mill gold to the weekly winner each week as part of the prize. Should anyone else want to pitch in prize money, post here.

At any point, when ZombieGuy is ready, we'll start with no rules and more chaos (with bonus prize money to the winner if you guys have rules for the winner). Starting now, prepare your armies (and let your team know about the planned server war as well as anyone else you come across in game). Feel free to blame me for destroying the server with a server war ;)

Knuckles
      Don't worry about it. We'll be causing chaos in no time. You have no idea how excited I am that there are people looking for a fight.

I'll try to rush things up and hopefully I'll be joining the battle starting next week.

Regarding the prize, gold would definitely help the war go on for longer, but I think we all know that the ultimate prize will be the eternal glory and countless resources that the winner will bag throughout the war.
      "Ughhhhh arghhhhh ughhhhh"
      - Some random zombie
    • knuckles wrote:

ZombieGuy wrote:

Fenrir wrote:

Knuckles
      Old news, they have been complaining for a long time. Their the next PH. And STORM hardly did anything to destroy the server.
    • not interested in any fight. At the moment real life is busy for us, and busy on other servers as well. Also, I would like to point out that we are not involved in any fight with any alliances at the moment. Not sure how those rumors are going around. If things change and we decide to join a fight, I will let everyone know here.