Update 7.10.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Update 7.10.0

Hello everyone, :)

There is an update tomorrow for Turkish servers, I wonder if there is for US servers too ?

Here is the details of update :

Hello there,

Ikariam Lovers ..

We are pleased to announce a new update. 7.10.0

A new building construction site will be with you in the new update.

For detailed information and feedback you can visit the forum.

Our respect.
    • New

A new building construction site? So we're getting another build spot... hah. I wonder why :rolleyes: If memory serves(I retired some time ago), we already have 14 Build spots not counting the Town Hall. That's enough for Palace/GR, 4 Warehouses, Academy, Tavern, Museum, Hideout, Carpenter, Architect, Temple, Barracks and whatever building that player desires in that specific town(Embassy or typically Wine Press). Adding another space, without a new structure to go with it, only makes things "easier" for players as I see it.
    • New

Go look at the 23 postulates thread in the general board and follow the link back to the danish board it originated from. You will find there are a lot of players in the community internationally that are, in a word, crap at the game and want the entire thing, in effect revised. This extra building spot would, to my mind, cater towards those players. To those of us with upwards of 50 million TS, it just ups the TS window significantly, but yeah, it would make the game a whole lot easier for sure, and more sustainable even at the upper ends of development.

If other servers are getting an extra build slot then the rest of the world should also, else it's a spit in the face of all of yus still here after almost a decade or more.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • New

DarkHelmet wrote:

What type of build slot is it(Red, Blue, Yellow or Black?) and where is it located? Don't feel like taking the time to create an account just to see its placement but I'd wager somewhere on the right side or down on the lower left.
      It's a red slot, so general purpose building spot, not wall, shipyard, trading port, or pirate fort. It's located in the upper right.
    • New

Heh smh... Red only makes the game easier as I see it. If it were Blue, it would have been interesting to see if they'd allow players to build two Shipyards or heck three Trade Ports.... lol. Yellow wouldn't make sense without a change to the combat system or something and Black would be downright BS for those who hate Piracy to begin with.

Here's a default Town layout with 15 build slots:

Palace/GR
      4 Warehouses
      Academy
      Tavern
      Museum
      Carpenter
      Architect <- replaced if done building(which with new build slot, eh got to build it again if we're doing something expensive. Typically Fireworks Test Area is optimal choice for troop/ship construction or Optician for Experiments)
      Wine Press
      Hideout
      Temple
      Flex#1(Workshop, Embassy, Trade Post, Black Market, Barracks Sea Chart, Luxury Booster, Forester, Optician, Fireworks Area)
      Flex#2(ditto)

In other words... everyone ought to be able to have Theocracy Government for lower Wonder Cooldowns and +150 Satisfaction and yet still safely be able to maintain building troops relatively easily if one Flex spot is slated solely for Barracks. Makes the game easier, that much is certain. One wonders that if they're adding yet another build slot that it will eventually come with a new building to justify the extra space.
    • New

DarkHelmet wrote:

Heh smh... Red only makes the game easier as I see it.
      I think that's the complaint Gameforge was responding to. (Not saying I agree with the complaint. I liked the strategy of having to pick and choose what to build with limited space.)

DarkHelmet wrote:

One wonders that if they're adding yet another build slot that it will eventually come with a new building to justify the extra space.
      I haven't seen any hint that a new building type is coming. But given the fact that we still don't have an official announcement on the US boards about this new version, even several hours after it came live, it's obvious that communication from Gameforge is sorely lacking.
    • New

There was an announcement for the first two server domains - Germany and Turkey, a sweeping change like that made it inevitable here. Biatching cause there wasn't an announcement is like pissing in the wind - no one cares guys.

that said the german/danish boards seem to have a verya ctive rep there so that probably contributes to why why they got the announcement and the rest of the world didn't.

Fact is the game just hit easy mode.

Since I started playing, 3 entire building slots (excluding the pirate bay which also was added as a 4th) have been added to cities. The first one was sort of justified, and the 2nd had the sea chart archive also be added, this one currently is in a void of okay so you made the game easier to appease all the whinges over on the danish boards who don't understand that Ikariam is a long term game, you think in years of irl time for long term game play not weeks and then get bored.

In any case it is what it is, and for myself and others whoa re in an endtgame building period, it made ite asier as now we can keep both an architects and a carpenters and add in a building that was going to cut the architects out in order to maximise its' addition, no9w we get bothr educers and can fully max said buildings out and then consider what else to drop in for the first reducer cut in a year or so's time.

The genera set up you gave above Dark Helmet is crap. You are talking from a purely under pressure all the time fighter perspective.

Alot of the servers, especially the older ones, have mines and mills at huge levels now. When I started here 8ish years ago almost, a level 36 sawmill and level 30-32 luxury mine was the end goal, theyw ere virtually non-existant everywhere. These days, they are commonplace. yes, Theocracy is a viable option for government but Diplomacy and Technocracy are the other two of that triumvirate for endgame governements and it always gets down to what your socio-political situation is at the time. I know Alhazred on one of her more developed fightinga ccounts has cycled between technocracy and theocracy a few times now, each time reflecting what was happening in relation to that account and the server at the time of the change. My point is yeah, Theocracy is awesome and all but it isn't the be all and end all of governements, this is flexible and always has been. Don't get me wrong, The extra buildings lot now means I can support a temple in every town and in times of war I could transition to Theocracy and it's a great option to have where pr4eviously my mriacle use was restricted to as needed with Democracy usually reigning supreme (though technocracy is apparently ever so slightly more advantageous for me currently if I do hit a new go9vernemnt but I'm lazy sometimes lol).

What the extra build spot does it it allows players to have 2-3 core reducers, both boosters, 3-4 warehouses (again depends on accounts and overall aims and development levels you are going for and your own reputation in fighting, and well piracy if you do that) temple, museum tavern, barracks hideout dump, with the 3rd reducer and 4th dump as your to flexi picks. Now it is very easy for everyone to adopt not only a core strong fighting set up but alsoa strong core builder/miner set up. It's made the game spoonfeed the cry babies easy and that is annoying, but I'm not gonna pass it up either.

Will a new building be released? Who knows, just leave one or two slots low level developed for a month or three and if nothing then go nuts.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • New

Personally I am grateful for the new building spot. I would like to thank whoever got this approved. :)

I had 3 towns where I was debating what to tear down in order to add a sea archive or black market. I no longer need to have that argument with myself. I woke up this morning with the problem solved. :thumbsup:

As for a "core building set up" people are going to have different ideas on what that should be, depending on their play style. Personally, I go with something like this:

Tavern
      Museum
      Hideout
      Warehouses x2
      Dump
      Carpenter
      Architect
      Temple

(Wall, Trading Port, and Shipyards are all required but have their own spots so they don't count for this list.)

This leaves me with 5 spots for the buildings that aren't 100% required in every town. This tends to work for me whether I'm playing a builder, trader, or fighter account.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • New

an update in the US change log would've been nice.. good to see you have a new server already to be up and running and you can't even announce a new building space before we destroy a long time investment like lvl 28 academies a week before the change happens. Nice GF US nice. Remember GF in other countries had the decency to announce a 7.10 update.
    • New

Before blaming game staff that they didn't notice about new game update you should understand that they are not in game 24/7 and they have real life too. Besides if you would check other communities boards you would see that they announced information about new version shortly before update or after it and some boards didn't do that at all. This means that notification from developers was late.
      And if you don't like how staff work, then make application to become its member and change it from inside not just complain about them.
    • New

Monk wrote:

Before blaming game staff that they didn't notice about new game update you should understand that they are not in game 24/7 and they have real life too. Besides if you would check other communities boards you would see that they announced information about new version shortly before update or after it and some boards didn't do that at all. This means that notification from developers was late.
      And if you don't like how staff work, then make application to become its member and change it from inside not just complain about them.
      Multiple times I observed several different staff members online and reading this very thread, and yet there has still been no official posting about the update - and it's now over 3 days after the update arrived. I don't blame them for not giving advance notice about the update, because I realize that they probably didn't get much if any notice from the developers. But I think it's perfectly reasonable to criticize the continued lack of an official post by anyone on staff.