Improve more playing time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Improve more playing time

I suggest rewarding players with resources for the most overall points accumulated over the past week, similar to piracy. Game Forge will certainly make more money as players will use ambrosia to make building constant (premium account), others will be rewarded by playing more often.
    • I'm not sure this will be really doable. It would be too easy to bot for activity and continue to increase the gap between larger players and smaller players.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • It could be doable if players were ranked by their total score, if you make a classification of players it would work. Rank them like this:
      1. 0-10000 TS get 7500 res
      2. 10001-100000 TS get 5000 res
      3. 100001-100000 TS get 3500 res
      4. others get 1500 res

That would be first place players, make it top 5.

I don't know if it's a lot to give that much of each res or just wine or marble by accomplishments.

It really is a great idea, but needs polishing.
    • I'm not a fan of this. I'm also not a fan of being able to buy resources. which this would be a form of. Buy the premium, use it to build a bunch of stuff, and get free resources. If you can't afford to spend that much ambrosia, you don't get the bonus resources.

This also really wouldn't increase playing time all that much. Buy the premium, set the queue to build 4 buildings that will take a total of 6 days to complete, and walk away. Moving wine around encourages more activity.

And if I'm reading Ari's idea correctly, it would reward people in the top 5 of a category that no one would even be able to see. Never mind the fact that one level 11 palace upgrade is going to be more than what any new player is going to accomplish by logging in constantly and upgrading stuff.

I just don't see this being doable.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • froggo wrote:

I suggest rewarding players with resources for the most overall points accumulated over the past week, similar to piracy. Game Forge will certainly make more money as players will use ambrosia to make building constant (premium account), others will be rewarded by playing more often.
      You're going to reward the top say 10 players of the server every week with extra resources so as they can push ahead of everyone else even faster then they already are.

I actually have data here that my alliance mate Rin on Ny keeps a tally of, it's truly obscene how fast some players develop vs others but it is only in the top 10 or so where the advancement is happening - you in general have more avenues of income beause you have more workers abnd you have better ability to pillage. Some people teleport to key inactives and farm them and move on, you want to reward those players with even more resources and advantages over everyone else when they are already advancing far faster then everybody else?

Why am I being so negative, i should be all 'bring this on, I WANT MORE RESOURCES GIIVE ME ALL OF THEM!' because I'd be right there. However 'overall points accumulated' is vague. Do you mean just total score because if you do, anyone donating doesn't get points to total score for donating and that's a travesty. If this were a more serious suggestion it should be on a resources spent in the past week not points gained way. that way you get true development across all facets of the game.

In any case, I think it is a poor idea because it will only act to reward those players who don't need to be rewarded with extras already. It's a game balance thing.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D