Inactive Players, Lonely Island

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Inactive Players, Lonely Island

    Hello all. I recently jumped on the new server after about a year off of Ika. Initially the island was full, but now every player but myself and one other is inactive.... This is way too unfair as it leaves the burden of upgrading the forest and sulfur pits to two people. Is there any way the game can relocate us (two players) to an active island to help?
  • What you're referring to is the attrition of player loss and players moving from one new server to the next. There is nothing "unfair" about it but the natural order of games such as this when new servers are opened up to give players another shot at being #1. Those that stick around are generally in a ghost town so if you want to see civilization again the game can relocate you for a bit of Ambrosia. Otherwise, you must make the tough call of relocating to more greener pastures the hard way(demolishing everything and shipping out the salvaged material before abandoning it) or suck it up and donate with the other player that happens to stick with you(if they so choose).

    If you don't like those options, there is a 4th option and that is spending even more Ambrosia to warp your account to another server entirely! Granted, I doubt you'll want to do that and if none of those options suit you, then you're up a creek without a paddle as they say.
  • DarkHelmet wrote:

    What you're referring to is the attrition of player loss and players moving from one new server to the next. There is nothing "unfair" about it but the natural order of games such as this when new servers are opened up to give players another shot at being #1. Those that stick around are generally in a ghost town so if you want to see civilization again the game can relocate you for a bit of Ambrosia. Otherwise, you must make the tough call of relocating to more greener pastures the hard way(demolishing everything and shipping out the salvaged material before abandoning it) or suck it up and donate with the other player that happens to stick with you(if they so choose).

    If you don't like those options, there is a 4th option and that is spending even more Ambrosia to warp your account to another server entirely! Granted, I doubt you'll want to do that and if none of those options suit you, then you're up a creek without a paddle as they say.
    What would you say is my best choice?
  • Monk wrote:

    Other option is to loot those inactive players and when their accounts disappear from map, build your own multi accounts that will donate for island.
    this is the best choice. Every one can have 9 multi-accounts which link together by ip sharing. Its legal.
    But first, move your town to suitable wonder island which something you arent able to change.
  • Multi account is what it sounds like!

    Multi = Multiple
    Account = Accounts

    Make more than 1 account on the same server (be sure to mark them as IP sharing in game) so that you do not get banned.
    Leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Ny (transfer from Lambda)
    Leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Lambda (R.I.P)

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English Ikariam wiki
  • bigmitch1997 wrote:

    Hello all. I recently jumped on the new server after about a year off of Ika. Initially the island was full, but now every player but myself and one other is inactive.... This is way too unfair as it leaves the burden of upgrading the forest and sulfur pits to two people. Is there any way the game can relocate us (two players) to an active island to help?
    This is why planning your colonys et up is important. And more in trying to work together with people to donate sooner rather then later on new servers. It pays off long term far faster and stronger that way.

    There are two main play styles in ikariam as far as colonies are concerned - the spread out ones that cover a large region of the map but also make shifting res for upgrades risky and very long, and the clustered colonies whereby you pool most of your colonies to a handful of islands.

    The latter is, in my opinion the stronger approach. Lets assume you are building towards a 12 colonya ccount. You're probably looking at 3 wine 7 marble 1 sulfur and 1 crystal mine. Black market and trading post set ups and doing the leg work toe stablish trades when needed at short notcie means you can get away with one highlyd eveloped sulfur colony, the same with the crystal. 3 wine will support most average accounts out to level 32-33 town halls with no issues and can push fuurther. 7 marble, you will drown in amrble and be a building power house.

    Now, if your colonies are set up as 7 marble on one island, 3 wine on one island and the sulfur and crystal on separate islands then you not only can set up a decent mriacle build (the marble island being hepha's, the wine poseidon and then the sulfur crystal being one or two collossus and possibly one collossus one posiedon for a pretty standard miracle set up).

    The beauty of the approach is this:

    Each island with multiple colonies on them means whilst you are donating to your own mines and mills and just youa single sawmill level on the marble island is like upgrading 7 separate sawmills to an equivalent level on spread out colonies.

    Some people use ambrosia and whilst the popuklar 12 colonie sto one island approach is ona wine island, it's cheaper to go all on a single marble island as it's cheaper in ambrosia to trade for the wine and build constantly then mid-to-late accountd evelopment being force dto use a trade every time you upgrade something just to meet the marble needs.

    As to what you can do currently, you have 2 main options:

    1) Spend money on ambrosia, it's roughly $20 for a town teleport. Save money byw iating for a +20% ambrosia sale (or the rare +30%) and also wait for a town relocation sale usually at 20-30% and buy enough teleports to relocate your colonies to better suit your needs, even if it means abandoninge xisting islands to find far better ones esewhere.

    2) The second thing you can do is pick an older server, and attarta new account. Spend time scouting the map and find a cluster that suits your needs. be aware that legacy servers - alpha and beta - have miracles fixed to specific resource islands so if youa re planning on doinga lot of fighting then you need 4-6 sulfur islands as that's the oly way to geta hepha miracle, so probablys teer clear of alpha and beta on that reason alone. Find a good island to focus around, then planta colony out there. Make that colony your new capital and abandon the first colony if it's not near a good island cluster you want. At worst this willc ost you 3-4 days of gameplay to iin effect go from the random placement to a new island that suits you. You can easily find islands witha level 30-35 sawmill and luxury mines in the mid 20's minimum on older servers, especially thanks to the paired server merges. that occurred.

    At the end of the day, Ikariam is a multi-facetted strategy gameand that goes all the way down to longterm planning of colony disposition an d set up as much as any other building or fighting aspects. Many of us started on one server, found some likeminded friends and moved to another server with one person starting then inviting everyone else in so theys pawned on the same island. You can seal islands to just yourselves by delayinge xpansions and expanding to fill at least 10 of the island slots but if there are 4 of you, 4 colonies planted each wills eal the 16 non ambrosia spots to just you giving you and your group total control of the island and the development and eliminate leeches coming in and not contributing.

    this is a game where you aren't spoonfed these things, you have to live and learn them. My maina ccount did this, it is also my 3rd account the other two were oin the UK servers prior to the move here and 4 of us did the one started then invited us all to an island we expanded and did a mass expand and colonty relocation tos eal off an island that would become our main island. When we expanded again we did the mass expand and sealed a 3rd island (but the first had been abanmdoned completely at this stage itw as justa staginging point). Inside the first 6 months our group had the largest mines and mills, we fought off 3 invading alliances including the largest fighter alliance at the time DAWAR and even befriended them after a 2 week stalemate, because they got zero resources off of us as we saw them coming, donated off and adjusted income so nothing would hgo above safe limits and maxed our wood up so we could donate and fightw hen we wanted. Youc an do a defensive strategy where yous end out a small army/fleet, do some positive damage then retreat and when the forces arrive instantly dismiss them to regain 1/3 of their resources back and also to repopulate your barracks/shipyard population capacity to rebuild off of. it will frustrate your opponents because there is no resources and no military for them to destroy or take and any conflicts are short and sweet and done when you feel like it. Again, part and parcel of a more refined and focused early and long term development set up strategy.

    As an aside, i've donated over 1.3 billion wood to mines and mills in my time. Most of that was me only and no one else. there comes a point where donating is a choice rather thena necessity and that is up to you, but a level 36 sawmill and level 30 luxury mine wills ee you in good stead till endgame. But you can also push to the next tier witha level 45 sawmill and a level 33-36 luxury mine and then anythinga bove those ois pure indulgence.

    hopefully this helps.

    Spideytaak.

    omixgodlydemon wrote:

    non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


    Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
  • bigmitch1997 wrote:

    Explain multi account please.
    There's a bit of history to multi-accounts you need to understand first.

    Multi-account = multiple accounts on the same server.

    Years ago, server attritionw hich you are experiencing was getting out of hand. gameforge were releasing more srvers at a speed that was doing nothing but ensuring older servers and also these newer servers had effective lifespans of a very short time period before they in effectw ere becoming ghost servers full of a handful of people amnd that's it. At this stage of the game, if you had more then one account ona s erver it was illegal and got you permanently banned. But then the server merges were announced.

    Server merges basically took all the servers and gave people options to teleport to a new older parents erver. All your donations and all your colonies went with you and you got a ffree teleport for each colony that you had moving to the new server. Anyone on an existings erver got shafted witha 2 by 4 nail bat as they didn't get to move their donations or get free colony teleports to fix their accounts and the sentiment stilldstands that if you were ona parent server you got screwed by Gameforge because you had entire alliances from other servers moving in and setting up sealed alliance clusters of islands, whilst anyone on the parent server was stuck all spread out still and not able to consolidate colonie sto better islands.

    But withs erver merges came the issue of people suddenly having more accounts then servers available. Many people had spent money on these accounts as well. So gameforged introduced LEGAL MULTI ACCOUNTS to the game.

    What this means is you can have up to 9 accounts on a single server. BUT THEY CAN'T INTERACT WITH EACH OTHER IN ANY WAY EXCEPT TO TALK TOE ACH OTHER, SHARE A CT OR DONATE TO SHARED ISLANDS.


    You don't get banned with them by going into the options in the top section of your accounts ingame screen view and selecting IP Sharing and then you type in the name of ALL other accounts you have on the server that is a multiple account with IP Sharing. This you do on alla ccounts. You can't do it on one account and have it carrya cross to the others. You need to go into the other accounts and select IP sharinga nd nominate every other one of your accounts. this then also means youw on't get banned and some options the game won't let you do because it is illegal and against the game rules.

    But many people have multis on their islands which they develop purely to then donate all their wood to that island or another shared island's sawmills or luxury mines. You can get really tricky with it and use these multis to have max level temples and the max 1411 priests in each temple and then your main/s account/s can put less priests in their temples to cost less and still retain the max level miracle level (yeah how many of you hadn't thought of that one? Be honest now!) - with very high levels of mines and mills this is one of the onlyw ays of ensurfing youc an maximise your helping hands income and workers and still have max level miracles available.

    However, because youc an't attack or defend a legal multi, if someone figures out you have mulis on the same island and decides to attack you, then they can occupy a lesser multi and attackf rom them, then you can only destroy the attackers when they attack you or by building military on the multi and clearing the enemy thatw ay. The only reliable security measure against a strong and determined attacker then is to v-mode those multis once enemy forces are cleared because it is very easy for hem to in effect attack you from apoint of invincibility if you have not developed your multis properly as well.

    So it isn't all positives to having legfal multis - they can be a vulnerability as well and a massive one at that, but for developing an island when you have no one else to do it with, then they are your best bet.

    As an aside, too many multis and you will start smashing your head against a wall because of how much time it takes to play them all and how unfun the game can get. So beware of that factor too.

    P.S. Morphias who answered above has a 6 million donations core on Ny, I also am on Ny and I have a 13 million donation score. Legal Multisare a reality these days but always look at the game froma single account point of view first - if you can get friends also working together, your game will be far m,ore enjoyable and you will sticka round for longer.

    Finally, a gooid piece of advice. If you are in need of a vacation, instead of v-moding, make sure your luxury resources won't produce above yoru safe limits and max out the wood production and crystal (crystal can build up for experiments) and then every 2-3 days you ;login froma mobile (don't use the app, just use the browser it's easier buta little shonky on amobile phone) and then donate all your wood to the mines and mills. You may be ona break from the game but your account will still be developing at the cost of 2-5 minutes every 3ish days. I've been in v-mode once across more then 7 years of account gameplay time and itw as for 4 days when I had zero internet coverage. there was a period there of 3 months where all i did was the passive donate play because life was all over the shop. The best part os, when doing that approach it doesn't matter oiif people attack youa s there will be nothing to pillage. If you dismiss all your troops and fleets (leave 1 tender per port always and 1 spearman just to do minor damage with your walls for good measure) you end up with gold income as well as 1/3 the costs to make the military refunded back and are ina pretty nice place because of this with no fear of ever being attacked and takinga loss.

    I've said this a few times - Ikariam ois a great strategy game because gameplay like this is a very real thing, even in the middle of a war where things are going to be bad youc an transition into this gameplay style and ignore the attackers (and even taunt them with how many resources you donated that day that they didn't get, it gets even better wyhen you get mines or mills uppgrading when multiple people are attacking youa nd they are getting nothing for their troubles except losing gold and time, heh. Youc ould also adopt this with legal multis when under attack, just go into massed passive donate mode. It may slow you downa little bit but the investment in mines and mills will pay off massivelye specially once you start getting those levels that cost 100 million plus in donations for a single upgrade.

    omixgodlydemon wrote:

    non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


    Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
  • bigmitch1997 wrote:

    Hello all. I recently jumped on the new server after about a year off of Ika. Initially the island was full, but now every player but myself and one other is inactive.... This is way too unfair as it leaves the burden of upgrading the forest and sulfur pits to two people. Is there any way the game can relocate us (two players) to an active island to help?
    The only real options are to warp your towns to a better location, tear down and rebuild in a better location (not sure how big your towns are here), or coordinate with your neighbor to build up those islands.

    On the bright side, a lot of islands these days are decently built up already. And it's not hard to get the resources from build them up to mid 20s if they're still really low. It's just a matter of whether you prefer to work on trade or pillaging.

    sig by Checkmate

    I dug my key into the side
    Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
    Carved my name into his leather seats...
    I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
    Slashed a hole in all four tires...
    Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
  • bigmitch1997 wrote:

    Hello all. I recently jumped on the new server after about a year off of Ika. Initially the island was full, but now every player but myself and one other is inactive.... This is way too unfair as it leaves the burden of upgrading the forest and sulfur pits to two people. Is there any way the game can relocate us (two players) to an active island to help?
    you can ask to someone in the middle of the map (50;50) to send you a link to join the server as his “friend”. By doing this you will appear near them, that is near the the middle of the map. That place is often full of players that payed for move their towns there at the begging of the server. If you ask them for that link I am talking about you will have to start all over again. But if you don’t want to pay for move your town, or waste time and resources in creating a new colony move your capital and abandon your old capital, is the only thing to do. The person that you ask for the link won’t tell you no because they will gain a free extra trading ship

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Pepe el Pollo: Drk angel is a pain in the ass ().

  • Pepe el Pollo wrote:

    bigmitch1997 wrote:

    Hello all. I recently jumped on the new server after about a year off of Ika. Initially the island was full, but now every player but myself and one other is inactive.... This is way too unfair as it leaves the burden of upgrading the forest and sulfur pits to two people. Is there any way the game can relocate us (two players) to an active island to help?
    you can ask to someone in the middle of the map (50;50) to send you a link to join the server as his “friend”. By doing this you will appear near them, that is near the the middle of the map. That place is often full of players that payed for move their towns there at the begging of the server. If you ask them for that link I am talking about you will have to start all over again. But if you don’t want to pay for move your town, or waste time and resources in creating a new colony move your capital and abandon your old capital, is the only thing to do. The person that you ask for the link won’t tell you no because they will gain a free farm once you hit around 50,000 TS.
    Fix'ed in Bold.

    omixgodlydemon wrote:

    non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


    Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
  • Spidey Taak wrote:

    The person that you ask for the link won’t tell you no because they will gain a free farm once you hit around 50,000 TS.
    That's why you have to be selective in who you ask. I know of plenty of players who would be willing to help someone starting out or starting over.

    Granted, I also know of people who would do as you're suggesting. ;)

    sig by Checkmate

    I dug my key into the side
    Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
    Carved my name into his leather seats...
    I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
    Slashed a hole in all four tires...
    Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
  • JuneBarcarolle wrote:

    Spidey Taak wrote:

    The person that you ask for the link won’t tell you no because they will gain a free farm once you hit around 50,000 TS.
    That's why you have to be selective in who you ask. I know of plenty of players who would be willing to help someone starting out or starting over.
    Granted, I also know of people who would do as you're suggesting. ;)
    this show how weak you are.

    Also, I played in alpha and you and your friends didn’t show any kind of “will” to help me.

    Your lost friends block me and occupy my towns.

    I was a virgin with 6k TS for God’s sake
    :(

    This is just the history of how I became the villain
  • Pepe el Pollo wrote:

    JuneBarcarolle wrote:

    Spidey Taak wrote:

    The person that you ask for the link won’t tell you no because they will gain a free farm once you hit around 50,000 TS.
    That's why you have to be selective in who you ask. I know of plenty of players who would be willing to help someone starting out or starting over.Granted, I also know of people who would do as you're suggesting. ;)
    this show how weak you are.
    Also, I played in alpha and you and your friends didn’t show any kind of “will” to help me.

    Your lost friends block me and occupy my towns.

    I was a virgin with 6k TS for God’s sake
    :(

    This is just the history of how I became the villain
    You became 'the villain' which so far is basically you hopping into every thread,c alling people a 'noob' and everyone ignoring you. Me, I'm more a villain then you. There are people that genuinely hate me I've encountered in my time playing, not because I did anything particularly bad to them, but because boy do I know how to run my mouth sometimes.

    you on the other hand, are childish and more like the random jester we have in the corner over there we point at and laugh at on occasion. Someone has to do it. But that's not being a villain.

    You had 6k TS and you didn't just ignore June and her friends and turtle up and keep advancing that way?

    It's not hard. Infact it's ultra easy at those low levels of TS because youc an still pack on massive numbers of awarehouses cheaply and fast and can shift 8,000 resources between colonies regardless of occupation/blockades each day which at 6k TS is A LOT of resources.

    I'm very blunt and somewhat brutal in my say it as it is posting style, and this makes me lots more enemies then you being here ever will, but I'll say it now:

    At 6k Ts, you got locked down and couldn't get out of it and develop past it and get revenge down the line when they least expected it, and instead havee bitterly held onto this concept that you were somehow wronged by people who locked you down and rightly so because you are a complete disgrace to the name of new players everywhere even bringing this up.

    You think that's bad?

    TheHulk, he locked me down for 6 whole months.

    SIX MONTHS.

    It forced me to transition into 4 warehouses per colony and to take a step back and ultimately evolve as a player into the 'you're attacking me, lol good luck with that' style of player I am today. Now, at the time I thought 'I'm screwed', but I ended up getting GR 11's done across all 11 towns, my boosters from 28 to 32 each, and max out my warehouses amongst other stupendously expensive upgrades.

    So what's the difference between me and you?

    It's simple:

    I looked at a pretty harsh situation, and I evolved and overcame it, I even, looking back at it, respect TheHulk for the focus it took to keep me in a slightly lessened effectiveness mode for so long - few people would have stuck it out for so long.

    You, Pepe el Pollo, are a whiny little {censored}.

    Why would anyone ever help you when you get caught up over small fry crap that is easily overcome?

    @JuneBarcaolle,

    Without knowing the player first, my experiences have always been negative ones, so farms they become. Itw as amusing in early omikron, there were people that wiped players out through brutal nonstop farming and then there was me, i'd rock up and hit players randomly once a week so they never knew where I was and when i was going to hit them. I managed to get farms that gave consistant income to me over period sof 6,8 or 12 odd months before they gave up and quit. Longtem that income got me ahead far more then short term gains wiping players out, heh. But yeah, it's always been the case that smaller players nar me, even when all courteous and wahtnot to them, that they'd turn around and attack unprovoked at some point so, usually better to just farm them ff once they hit at least 50,000 TS and have a decent amount of pillage available.

    omixgodlydemon wrote:

    non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


    Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D

    The post was edited 1 time, last by DrkAngel ().

  • Wut?

    You make all those conclusions about me just by reading one line of a comment that was supposed to be a joke!

    I didn’t quit you noob, if people hate you is because you suck!

    You make all these comments just to say “I am more badass” you are such a noob!!

    Also, nobody cares about you and your “farms”.

    Shut the {censored} up and go talk with Jesus or something

    The post was edited 1 time, last by DrkAngel ().