That was an interesting storm!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• That was an interesting storm!

Meanwhile, down here in Aussie land, it hailed this afternoon.

Hailstones the size of base balls.

One in our backyard measured at 17 centimetres (5 and a bit inches for you metrically challenged folks) in diameter.

Every house as far as the eye can see has holes in their roofs, we're on an older 1950's era farm house, it has the old 45 degree angled roofs (and 2.8 metre ceilings,a godsend for my 6'9" height!) so with hailstones coming in almost horizontal, there's some pretty epic holes in the roof, and not clean holes like holes that were created by punching through 4 or 5 tiles.

Part of me wishes I was a kid again, the last time we had large hail (golf ball sized) was when we were 7ish about 2 and a half decades ago and we washed off the hailstones, shoved them in the freezer with paddle pop sticks in them and had hailstone ice blocks. Oh yeah. These were more like snow cones though.

Fun afternoon.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • You don't have to be a kid to stash over-sized hailstones in the freezer for future use. ;)

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Well you didn't mention the bad stuff. ;(

I hope your insurance can get that cleaned up soon. I remember when I had to get my roof replaced unexpectedly due to hurricane damage. (I don't live anywhere near an ocean.) That was a hassle.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats