New Boards Discussion

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Hi,

    You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

    Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

    Ikariam team

    • Spidey Taak wrote:

      P.S. New accounts means all our warning histories get wiped out and we get to go again from the start. This is amusing. I can see some people playing the "lets get banned before the boards close" game though.

      That was true at the last forum change too, but I couldn't get anyone else to play along with me. Just remember to put any naughty words in an image rather than typing them, otherwise it won't get past the censor.
    • Scythe wrote:


      But, the forums here will never be what they once were and certainly will never have the drama, intrigue, culture and depth of community that they did a decade ago. I can lament their passing, and recognize there are precious few that still give a damn anymore.
      Ahhh but further up itw as mentioned that there will be subforums where we can talk in different languages.

      I played OGame before I played Ikariam, way back 12 years ago now. uni 29, .org servers, I nuked everything ona scale unheard of, I had the largest metal mine in the games history at the end of my gameplay time (took 3 months to gather res, jumped 10 ranks to 2nd and like 2 million TS at once, it caused sucha commotion), did the first non-moonshot all colony ship fleet HOF (even wiped out a destroyer, 10 battle cruisers and some battleships as well as fighters in it and I did it with 1337 colony ships, because, reasons haha). That boards archives got wiped years ago but no one really looks at archives anyways so few people outside those involved miss them.

      i digress.

      In that server, I was so aggressive (3rd person with RIP's by a day lol) that i caught the attention of a pair of near suicidal turkoish players in one of my systems, theyw oudl daily build a fleet to hit the big bad bully of the server and die every singole day, I sparked upa conversation with them and eventually they invited me, a non-turk into their turkish only alliance. Unheard of. We may have been on an english server but thatd idn't stop all alliance communication being in turkish. So they taught me how to talk about the game in turkish. Outside of Merhaba, which means hello, everything that taught me was aswear word, though I did not know it at the time (google translate didn't exist lol). So I'd hop in ask for some crystal in trade and have some deuterium to trade back and at such and such location and instead I'd be insulting someone's mother and comparing what a certain animal was doing tos aid mother and how said person could go and do something to themselves. It was all very funny in retrospect.

      Of course it didn't last. I'd been setting up iwth 2 other friends outside the alliance for a few months before hand to nuke out a guy that was a threat to us and so our alliance Enola Gay Flies Again (Enola Gay was the name of the bomber that dropped the nuke on Hiroshima) proceeded to unleash 500+ nukes on this guy and then fleet wipe him and he rage quit and we got ricgh off him and cleared the system. He was a Turk. NOW, when playing with Turks there is an unwritten rules - You NEVER attack another turk even if they are in an enemy alliance. So I had committed a mortal sin and most of the alliance swore to hunt me down and kill me completely, but they couldn't find me and instead they all rage quit soon after.

      My point is, are we allowed to talk in said new boards in the Turkish that we were taught even though we know that like 43 of those words were variations on another word for feaces?

      :P

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • One thing I didn't see mentioned with merging communities that I think is pertinent is that people will go by different usernames on some forums and sometimes different people use the same name. So for example while I may be Kaleg Nar on both .us and .en, I can think of ither people who are maybe Ted on .us and Jack on .en. If they also use different email addresses for whatever reason, it gets tricky to figure out just who is unique and who has different accounts. So that may be another reason for not bringing it over.

      That said, it should be interesting to see a new forum and how things will play out. I'd also predict there will be cases of inter-community board squabbling leading to "I'm gonna start on account in your community and kick your *donkey,* mother-..."


      Heather wrote:

      But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

      HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

      But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • Diogenes wrote:

      Thst is something you will have to take up with the turkish moderators, I guess.
      So....are you encouraging me to say hello to them in Tuirkish and then, also in Turkish, to the best of my knowledge,a sk if i can talk how I was taught by turks in OGame, another gameforge game, a decade or so ago, but likely be swearing my head off at them and insulting their family in leud and amazingly descriptive ways? Can I cite you on that so they don't insta-ban me? :P :P

      Kaleg Nar wrote:

      One thing I didn't see mentioned with merging communities that I think is pertinent is that people will go by different usernames on some forums and sometimes different people use the same name. So for example while I may be Kaleg Nar on both .us and .en, I can think of ither people who are maybe Ted on .us and Jack on .en. If they also use different email addresses for whatever reason, it gets tricky to figure out just who is unique and who has different accounts. So that may be another reason for not bringing it over.

      That said, it should be interesting to see a new forum and how things will play out. I'd also predict there will be cases of inter-community board squabbling leading to "I'm gonna start on account in your community and kick your *donkey,* mother-..."
      I'm Kaleg Nar!

      NO! I'm kaleg NAR!

      NO I'm Kaleg Nar! I'M KALEG NAR!

      lol


      Man, I don't think the hardcore fighters will appreciate my taunt them then ignore them and donate approach whilst they get nothing, lol. :p

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Hehehe this is going to be tricky; I'm not going to lie. Lots to get used to. Everyone under a very noisy roof. But yeah lots of great memories here ikariam.us. I feel like this is our swan song, man.

      Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Spidey Taak wrote:

      So....are you encouraging me to say hello to them in Tuirkish and then, also in Turkish, to the best of my knowledge,a sk if i can talk how I was taught by turks in OGame, another gameforge game, a decade or so ago, but likely be swearing my head off at them and insulting their family in leud and amazingly descriptive ways? Can I cite you on that so they don't insta-ban me?
      I mean, what you tell them is entirely on you. But I will visit your profile regularly should you get banned. :)
    • Kaleg Nar wrote:

      One thing I didn't see mentioned with merging communities that I think is pertinent is that people will go by different usernames on some forums and sometimes different people use the same name. So for example while I may be Kaleg Nar on both .us and .en, I can think of ither people who are maybe Ted on .us and Jack on .en. If they also use different email addresses for whatever reason, it gets tricky to figure out just who is unique and who has different accounts. So that may be another reason for not bringing it over.

      This has always been an issue to some extent. People within the same community may go by different names on different servers within that community. And when people have multiple accounts on the same server, they have to have multiple names. It'll work out. ;)

      sig by Checkmate

      I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats